1• Drain tuna well and sprinkle it with Espelette pepper.
2• In a bowl, combine cream cheese squares with lemon juice. Lightly salt and add pepper.
3• Toast oat bran pancakes and brush them with olive oil. Drain peppers, cut them open and take out the seeds.
4• Drain capers. Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the 4 pancakes and cut them each in halves, add a small pepper to each, top with tuna and sprinkle with capers. Place other half of pancake over top to make sandwiches.
5• You can also substitute the peppers with preserved lemons.
- 200 g tuna packed in olive oil,
- 2 pinches ground Espelette pepper,
- 8 squares (25 g each) fat-free cream cheese,
- 1 lemon juiced,
- 4 oat bran pancakes,
- 4 tsp olive oil (optional) 30 g capers,
- 4 small piquillo peppers,
- freshly ground pepper.
- This recipe contains the authorized daily oil intake.